See my old sad potholder there? Kind of worn out, huh? See how it’s cozying up to those fabric scraps? I think it’s dreaming of a Spring makeover.
First, I gave it a haircut. I never used those hanging loops anyway so I just snipped them right off.
I cut two pieces of fabric about a half inch larger on each side. Then I placed the fabric squares right sides together, laid the potholder on top, and stitched around, leaving about three inches open to turn.
When I stitched the pieces together, I squared off the corners so it would be easier to turn later. Then I trimmed my corners and turned it inside out.
I topstitched around the edge, catching the unstitched opening edges under.
I thought it might be cute with a little more top stitching so I went around a few times, using the edge of my presser foot as a guide for the inside stitching lines.
Easy peasy! If that potholder had feet, I’d say it had a bit of spring in it’s step!