Monday

Tissue Box Cover

Today, I made this:

kleenex box 155 Because I was tired of looking at this: 
 
kleenex box 085
I knew I wanted to make something to cover this baby up, but I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do.  I started Googling and came across a great tutorial at Make it And Love It.  I pretty much followed the tutorial, making just a few changes.  I used leftover fabric from my shower curtain and some burlap I had lurking in my craft closet.   

To make the burlap easier to handle, I lined the burlap pieces with onasburg.  I simply stuck these pieces together using hemming tape. 

Tissue Box Burlap
kleenex box burlap
I also increased the seam allowances since I wanted to make sure the burlap edges were securely sewn.   

Tissue Box Cover Pieces
The result is so much better than that flowery purple Kleenex box.  
  burlap kleenex box cover

tissue box cover 

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE that! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Carolyn! I like that it matches your shower curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Great choice of fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so much nicer than a dumb store box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Love that burlap on there. And thanks for the link!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is really nice! the fabrics is so simple yet the match it perfect. love it!
    ♥ Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabric combo....definitely a 110% improvement :)

    Thanks for linking up to Mi4M!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for linking back! -Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great, the fabrics go together really well. Using the interfacing really makes the fabric crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I love the burlap :) I am definitely putting this on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note!