I just whipped up this super easy, super cheap tailored bed skirt.
I was tired of looking at all of this stuff peeking out from under the bed.
Here’s a close up just in case you didn’t notice all of the
I found these window panels at Target on clearance. They rang up at $1.98 each so I bought three. They are the perfect, neutral woven fabric.
Here’s how I did it:
I cut the panels lengthwise into two 20” by 63” pieces. I zig zag stitched along the raw edge since they seemed to be unraveling like crazy. Then I joined them together along the short edge so I had a piece about 20” wide by 124” long.
Since the long edge was already hemmed, I didn’t have to hem the edge.
I trimmed off both edges so the ends would be nice and straight. Then I measured the side of my bed, added 1” for each side hem, and 8” for each pleat, and cut my long fabric piece to this length. I sewed a 1” hem on each side edge.
This is a really badly drawn diagram of the pleat. Because the pleat folds back on itself, each 2” pleat adds 8” to the required measurement. I pressed my pleat and then stitched across the top raw edges to hold it in place.
I pinned it directly to my box spring using safety pins. Couldn’t have been easier.
Now everything is hidden away. So much better!
|Pin this one!|