Wednesday

My favorite (holiday) things

Confession time…..I am not a decorating overachiever. We don’t have a color coordinated Christmas. We don’t have theme trees. We don’t have decorations in every room.
We do have children who love Christmas and love to decorate the house. We let them. Our house doesn’t resemble any holiday photo you’ve seen in a magazine. We have a collection of well loved things that we bring out every year. I love to watch my kids as they unwrap the decorations and talk about what they recall of Christmas’ past.
This week, I’ll be sharing a few of my favorite things. First up…
The Three Little Kittens
These ornaments were made by my Grandma Mae probably 35 years ago. I’ve always loved them. I can only imagine how much time she spent sewing on sequins, embroidering, and appliquéing.
decorations 089
Mama cat.
decorations 090
Blue Mitten Kitten.
decorations 091
Sister Kitten. Growing up with a houseful of brothers, I always thought this was me.
decorations 092
Green Mitten Kitten.
My Grandma Mae passed away over 20 years ago, so I love having these in my Christmas collection.

What’s your favorite holiday decoration?

12 comments:

  1. That is so cute, Carolyn! And look ~ that green is so in again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are precious. I would love them too.

    I made your toffee. Ohmygoodness that is the best stuff on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the right idea about what is important...family. Those ornaments are adorable.
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have featured you today on Today's Creative blog. Please email me for your featured button. Krjdemmon@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kittens are adorable. Your grandmother did a wonderful job sewing the ornaments. They are a wonderful treasure to display every year.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how lovely these kittens are!
    wish you a sweet day,
    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  7. 35 years ago! They are adorable and so well cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. pk @ Room Remix
    They are so sweet and how great that you have special memories every time you look at them. Have a good weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want kittens to decorate with. How sweet. GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so adorable!!! I'd love and adore them too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cute ornaments...thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note!